Wednesday, July 8, 2009

hiking & training

Hi!
Wow - yesterday was so busy! I wanted to tell you about it last night but I was too tired so I slept instead. It feels good to sleep. Now I'm ready to go!

Anyway - yesterday started out kinda weird as we didn't go for a walk or ride or anything right away. But later in the morning Momma & Daddy took us out to Canine Country. I thought we were going to chase a ball or run around in a field like we did the day before but we passed those and went down by the lake. We don't usually go here because most of the time the sheep are wandering in this field and we're not allowed to chase them in that field - only in the smaller one by the barn (I sure hope I get to do that someday!). Momma let me run loose at first but she said that I "lost my head" and wouldn't listen so I had to go back on leash - but a really long one so it was ok. I also got to splash in the lake a bit - but only up to my knees - further than that kinda freaks me out. Gus didn't go in at all. We walked around the lake and went through this gate that I'd never seen before and we went down this trail in the woods. It was all shady and cool. There were sticks and bugs and animals everywhere. And did I mention it was shady? I like the shade. The sun gets hot so I like to be in the shade as much as possible and this trail was sooo shady! There was nice cool mud to walk in too! SO many things to sniff. It was really nice walking in the mud and eating the different grasses. Then we came to what Momma called a small river or large creek. I'd never been that close to one. The water was moving pretty fast but it looked so cool and refreshing even though it was in the sun so I decided to go in. Seems I entered at the deeper part as I was up to my chest right away and the water just moved on by me - it was really cool! Then Gus entered up to his toes in a shallower part where there were some rocks and stuff. I think he was showing me where it was best to enter but he won't admit it. 'Cus as soon as I went over there he went back on to the dry part and ate grass but I played in the water. It was really fun! Momma let me off the lead and I got to roam a little & stuff and it was SO MUCH FUN! (there's a video on Momms's FB page).
Then we went back the way we had come and we did everything all over again except in reverse! Went down the trail with the shade and the bugs and the grass, went through the gate, splashed in the lake and back to the car. What a good time. We then went to Starbucks and I barked at a woman for talking to me. Momma says I shouldn't do this all the time - but I can't help it she scared me even though she said me and Gus were pretty. Then we came home and I thought all our excitement was done. I was wrong.

Gus and I napped. A good nap is essential in the afternoon, it gears you up for playtime later. Which we needed! We then went to see Trina & Jared & Heidi & Chloe & Bella & Phillip! I couldn't believe it! and Miss Kim was there too! Which meant we had to work and behave because Miss Kim doesn't put up with any nonsense and usually when Miss Kim is there no one else puts up with anything either. She makes us behave and teaches Momma and Daddy how to help us behave too. I like Miss Kim - she really knows dogs. Apparently we were there for Gus to meet Chloe & Heidi - he'd never met them but I had so it was no big deal for me. Gus had to do some more work though but then he and Chloe got to run around the back yard some and it was a little bit before I got to join them. I was really happy when I got to do that and it was so much fun when Phillip & Bella joined us! Then we just hung out in the shady yard until Miss Kim said we'd had enough and had done well. It was good. Then we came home. It sure was a fun day! Life is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment